iOS/macOS Data Analytics DevOps Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that dedication. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Software Engineering Analytics Engineering team leverages petabytes of data to improve user experience. Through data, we drive strategic software direction, resolve issues, and make our great devices even better. We provide these answers with the latest distributed systems and technology along with some of the largest data volumes in the world. Engineering these systems takes a different mindset of scale and volume. If you enjoy developing and operating data systems at this scale, we’d like to talk to you.
- Phenomenal DevOps mindset
- 3+ years of production Linux system administration
- Meaningful knowledge of Linux (EL6+)
- Experience designing and developing noSQL solutions. Hadoop is preferred.
- Understand requirements of high volume data pipelines
- Strong scripting language experience. (Perl, Python, or Ruby)
- Strong shell scripting ability. (Bash)
- Deep understanding of Linux server performance monitoring. (Iostat/proc/CFQ/SNMP/sar)
- Extensive troubleshooting skills
- Implementation of notification and alerting systems. Nagios, etc…
You will work with our engineers in a DevOps type role to help keep our world class application available.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with relational databases. MySQL is preferred.
- Experience with server configuration management. Puppet/Capistrano is preferred
- Experience with top level apache Hadoop related projects (Flume, Samza Impala, Spark Streaming, Hive, Hbase, Zookeeper, etc)
- Cloudera Administrator experience
- System Monitoring (Ganglia, Cacti, Munin, Splunk). Ganglia is preferred.
- Network knowledge 10G, interface bonding, OSI)