iOS Designer - Apple Design Lab
Cupertino, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We believe our team members should demonstrate a real passion for design with a strong eye to attention to detail, be inventive, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. We are seeking an iOS Designer with a strong background in Visual Design for our Design Lab team. You are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our 3rd party Developers. The iOS Designer is part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for brainstorming concepts, sketching wireframes, prototyping mockups, participating in design/app critiques, refining design directions and finalizing design details.
- You will have either agency and/or in-house design experience
- You'll have a deep understanding of typography for mobile experiences
- You have strong interpersonal skills, with experience presenting to multiple teams and senior leadership
- You'll demonstrate a user-empathy approach to design
- You'll have an Expert knowledge of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- You should be a self-starter who takes initiative and drives to solutions across teams
- You will be a multi-tasker who works expertly under pressure, maintaining focus on the details
- Synthesize complex information into simple design solutions
- Proficiency on the latest Mac OS X and iOS platforms
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and current iWork suite (Pages, Keynote, Numbers)
- Working knowledge of the current prototyping tools such as Flinto or Principal is a plus
- Flexible, able to adjust work schedule as and when needed to accommodate connection with global teams
- Well versed in Apple’s history and able to exemplify the company culture in interactions
The successful candidate will have a deep affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details while maintaining the Apple standard of quality. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex business issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions on Apple Platforms. Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized are critical. Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices is required. You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. The work that you will design will be seen and experienced by millions of people every month around the world.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a design related discipline, such as graphic design, visual communication, information design, or interaction design, is preferred.