Senior iCloud Software Engineer - Analytics
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Software and Services
Locations: Cupertino (Apple HQ) or San Francisco Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable web services and distributed data processing applications handling massive datasets.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Multithreaded or event-driven programming
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Be able to drive a project from a simple idea to an implementation
- Be a leader who possesses both strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused mindset
- Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on high profile, critical projects
- Preferred Experience:
- Java, Scala
- MapReduce, Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, or similar technologies
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase
Consider joining a small team writing the software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting iCloud products and services. We are looking for a deeply capable engineer who has a strong background in web services development, and who has built high-performance, scalable and extensible systems. In this highly visible position, you will collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams to define and implement some of the core backend platform frameworks and systems that will power next generation Apple web services. Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? Then we have the job for you! We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent