Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Location: Cupertino, CA Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our team is in charge of designing factory assembly stations and processes for various Apple products. You will manage the design of, and bring into production fixtures used as part of the assembly process. You will work closely with many different multi-functional teams including Product design, Antenna design, Reliability, among others. The position requires significant management of China and US based Apple vendors. Career, personal, and organizational growth is fast as is our pace.
- Required Experience:
- • 5+ years of experience and BS or MS in ME.
- • NX10 or other industrial standard Mechanical CAD software.
- • Previous automation fixture design experience.
- • Hands-on troubleshooting.
- • Process optimization concepts (eg. Just-in-time)
- • Statistical data analysis (Six sigma)
- • Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- • Flexible and capable of handling multi-task operations.
Your role will consist of: • Crafting assembly fixtures for factory assembly stations focusing on fixture automation. • Required to understand and build tolerance analysis for parts and assemblies • Selecting critical components in fixture design for optimal alignment and assembly performance such as pick and place robots, CCD vision systems, and pneumatic actuators. • Leading technical design reviews and fabrication process to meet fixture validation before build events. • Keeps abreast of all meaningful technical trends and developments and incorporates them in appropriate assignments • Lead design firms to deliver fixtures per our specifications. • Provide on site support at the factory for fixture bring-up / tweaking to ensure line readiness and support station owners. • Qualify mass-production vendors for fixture duplication. • Travel to the machine supplier and contract manufacturer for equipment bring- up, qualification, acceptance testing and support during build events • Up to 35% international travel is required. There may be peak times.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree, Masters or MBA are considered a plus.
- Desired Experience:
- • Pneumatics and PLC Controller Programming
- • Python, SQL Database, RFID, Teamcenter, LabView, Matlab, NX UG, Six Sigma, Minitab or JMP
- • Experience with Denso/Mitsubishi or other 6-axis robots, Keyence or Cognex CCD/laser components