Sr. Brand Strategist-Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The role of a Brand Strategist in Marcom is to instigate, inspire and guide the development and execution of exceptional marketing in support of Apple’s business goals. In this role, you will be instrumental in positioning Apple to remain one of the most beloved and empowering brands for both current and potential customers today and into the years to come.
- As a part of our strategy team you will bring a deep understanding of, and extensive experience in, marketing strategy, experience design, design research, or brand communications.
- We value your strong ability and desire to empathize with people of all walks of life from all corners of the globe.
- You have a track record of leading strategic conversations with a wide range of people in different disciplines.
- Your deep expertise in partnering with, and building real, productive relationships with creative people who span many fields - advertising, video, interactive, print, retail, graphic design - is essential for your success.
- Demonstrated skills in core areas: business and brand strategy, insights and research, media and communications planning
- Experience of creating productive working relationships with key partners outside of the Marketing function.
- Extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills.
- You have a passion for technology along with a critical point of view on its impact on people’s lives.
- You have 8+ years of strategic brand planning experience at a creative consultancy, or creatively-driven internal marketing team.
You will be joining a team of Strategists within Marketing Communications (Marcom) who collaborate closely with extraordinary creative talent to launch Apple products, create new customer experiences, and tackle a variety of complex marketing challenges. Using an objective and insights-driven approach, we help refine and connect the Apple brand with current and future customers all over the world. Specific duties: You will own the translation of business objectives into marketing strategies. Develop creative briefs that inspire our creative teams to deliver effective marketing concepts across multiple channels. Apply your strategic approach to a wide variety of product, communications and experience challenges using a wide variety of tangible outputs. Lead strategic conversations that help rethink and reimagine the way we communicate with customers and potential customers in the world today. As a member of our team you will work closely and productively with some of the best creative talent on the planet. Build relationships and gain insight from diverse groups of people in a variety of disciplines within the larger Apple organization. Draw on many different sources of insight and knowledge to weave together a strong creative narrative. React quickly to new information, opinions and direction and strategically pivot when necessary. Work within a flat hierarchy, be a real person an excellent teammate, supporting other Strategists and non-Strategists to succeed together.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred
- Creative Agency experience preferred.
- Samples of creative briefs or case study samples required.