Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love solving complex challenges? Are you an inventive self-starter who takes pride in seeing ideas come to life on a global scale? Ever wanted to work on core natural language processing and machine learning with special focus on the languages of the world? Be a part of cloud service localization and contribute to some of the most challenging problems in NLP and large scale machine learning applied to various languages. You will have a chance to work on and contribute to multiple Apple products and services using core NLP and ML behind the scenes including Siri, macOS/iOS SDKs, Maps to name a few. Apple is looking for a highly motivated data scientist with background in large scale data processing and analytics. This position gives you an opportunity to apply your problem solving skills to challenging problems in natural language processing across different languages.
- Deep understanding of statistical theory and applications. Understanding of Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques is a big plus.
- Exceptional coding skills and experience with high-level programming language like Scala, Python, Java for data analysis.
- Practical experience working with and conducting experiments on large datasets.
- Experience working closely with annotators for data collection.
- Familiarity with ML tools and packages like Caffe, Torch, TensorFlow, Weka, MLLib, OpenNLP, etc.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with product and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product.
- Focus on delivering and shipping products.
* Data mining, statistical analysis and visualization of data to help understand how our users interact with Apple products. * Design and evaluate experiments that help define features to improve Siri for international languages. * Monitor usage metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics and define new metrics to extract information useful to improve Apple products. * Work and iterate with annotators to label data to use in actual production and experimental datasets. * Propose feature and product changes backed by well defined experiments and data analytics.
Education & Experience
* BS/MS/PhD in CS/Data Science/Mathematics or related field * 3 years+ professional experience
- Practical experience in following areas is a big plus:
- * Experience with tools for statistical computing (e.g. R, NumPy, SciPy).
- * Experience with big data technologies like Apache Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.
- * Experience in text processing with passion for international languages.