Camera Software - Imaging Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Image Processing team is responsible for delivering state of the art solutions to resolve difficult problems in digital photography. We are searching for someone who is passionate about using mathematics, signal processing, statistics, and machine learning for devising new innovative ways to digital camera image processing.
- Recognized expertise in digital imaging using advanced statistics, machine learning, and/or computer vision concepts.
- Proven analytical skills, excellent mathematical background, and ability to communicate effectively.
- Technical publication record is desirable.
- Proficiency with C/C++ development and Matlab is essential.
The Image Processing team is seeking scientists who are passionate about working without constraints in digital photography. You will be part of a team of driven engineers and scientists who are passionate about solving some of the difficult challenges in image processing. As an imaging scientist, you will be responsible for developing advanced algorithms for restoring and enhancing images. You will bring experience and know how in various learning architectures — deep networks and other supervised learning methodologies — as well as understanding of their application to image restoration problems such as noise reduction, demosaicking, tone mapping, super-resolution, etc. Your experience will define and develop a framework for solving challenging problems. We interact with other groups at Apple to facilitate optimization and implementation of the Image Processing team’s ideas. You will have the unique opportunity of impacting Apple’s imaging products that will be used by millions worldwide.
Education & Experience
A Master's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or applied mathematics with a minimum of 5 years related engineering experience is required. Ph.D. is highly preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.