Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. Apple's Core OS organization is seeking an energetic and detail oriented Test Engineer who will have profound impact on rapid delivery and quality of hardware and software initiatives for Apple Retail and AppleCare.The nature of the position requires you to possess excellent analytical and debugging skills, strong interpersonal skills, and drive to make a difference. You will need to quickly learn and utilize knowledge of various operating system internal sub-systems.
- Unix operating system test development training or experience (OS X or iOS development experience is a big plus)
- Debugging skills: Ability to examine debug out and recognize patterns in failures
- Communication skills: able to relay critical information between partners for rapid resolution of issues
- Understanding of key components of an operating system
- Ability to work with the engineering team to root cause failures on short/tight cadence.
- Execute nightly regression test suites on multiple devices and advance failures in a timely manner
The responsibilities for this position include investigating defects found in the Core OS submission process to identify culprits or triage issues to the correct team using a variety of debug methods; develop and enhance the submission process as it relates to test/triage/debug; working with teams of test engineers; guiding organization on process improvement initiatives. Work with the engineering and extended test teams to enhance the nightly regression test coverage. Contribute to the test infrastructure as needed to develop tools and tests that aid in triaging test failures.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience