Siri - Experimentation Platform Architect, Data & Analytics organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Data and Analytics organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Join our team and impact millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices!
- You are an expert in the full lifecycle of development, a lead or core contributor to infrastructure projects supporting hundreds of thousands of daily active users.
- You have a deep understanding of how distributed systems are administered at scale.
- You've performed rollouts and rollbacks, capacity planning, configuration management, and you know best practices for monitoring and alerting.
- You have helped define an SLA or SLO with partners.
- You've authored portions of a playbook.
- You have extensive experience synthesizing user/client needs into a technical roadmap, identifying and mitigating technical risks.
- You've established, implemented, and documented several technology integration and migration strategies, including retiring major systems or components.
- You have working knowledge at all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- You're versed in software engineering best practices, testing strategies, and popular architecture patterns.
- You're passionate about simple, orthogonal architectures.
- You will take a key role in attracting talent and interviewing additional members of the project as it expands.
- You're proficient in Java and/or C++ and love to write and test systems code. For instance, you’ve designed caching strategies, dealt with petabytes of storage, and traded latency for bandwidth and vice-versa.
- You are familiar with A/B testing infrastructure, such as PlanOut or a similar experiment system (Google’s “layers,” Microsoft’s “line numbers,” or Facebook’s “universes”) and want to master this domain.
Siri is powered by sophisticated algorithms and lots of data, with a big pinch of personality thrown in for fun. If you are in the engineering, data, and/or ML field, this is where you can do the best work of your life. The Experiment team is responsible for envisioning, developing, and managing the tools and techniques used to evaluate Siri’s quality. You will literally help us redefine what success looks like for Siri. You will also make data driven product decisions. The team will work closely with partners responsible for Siri request handling, dev-ops, and analytics. This role will be responsible for making our codebase support testing various hypotheses without systemic bias or breakage. This involves refactoring or replacing code that is on the critical path for Siri's function. Accurate, reliable, and rigorous experiments are essential to help guide product direction, and represent the voice of our users.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science or a systems-heavy related field is required, similar field, or equivalent experience.