Supply Chain Occupational Heath & Green Chemistry Leader
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility wherever our products are made. We insist that our suppliers provide safe working conditions, treat workers with dignity and respect, and use environmentally responsible manufacturing processes. This role will drive leading workforce safety and heath initiatives for Apple’s global supply chain including operationalizing our proactive dedication to the adoption of safer, more sustainable process chemicals and broader manufacturing workplace health initiatives worldwide. This position is based in Cupertino, CA and will report to the Director, Supplier Social Responsibility - Sustainability.
- Experience with implementing exposure assessment and occupational heath protection programs in a high volume and complex outsourced supply chain.
- Deep understanding of international occupational heath and chemical management regulations, environmental management systems (ISO 18001, 14001) and EHS voluntary codes of conduct.
- Successful track record as effective program leader, responsible for the design, development and implementation of industrial hygiene and workplace heath initiatives.
- Ability to run multiple projects and meet deadlines and timelines in a dynamic environment. Extraordinary collaboration abilities and influencing skills to drive consensus among diverse technical, business and external stakeholders.
Serves as the chief strategist and technical authority for Apple’s Supply Chain Chemical Management Program partnering closely with implementation program mangers worldwide to get results. Promotes the continuous improvement of Apple’s risk-based approach to responsible chemical management within our outsourced supply chain. Drives broad supplier adoption of safer, more environmentally friendly chemical through the use of widely recognized substitution methodology. Champions transparency of process chemical disclosure practices. Identifies occupational health risks of concern and will build strategies to improve exposure assessment, mitigation and reporting. Drive reciprocal efforts to use technology to improve indoor air monitoring and healthy working conditions. Develop safe practices and workplace training resources for the responsible use of nanotechnology and materials. Partner with Supplier Responsibility Learning and Development Team to support worker health and safety training initiatives. Engage in consensus based industrial hygiene and worker safety standards development.
Education & Experience
Advance degree in industrial hygiene, toxicology, chemistry, chemical engineering, environmental health science or related field of study. 10+ years or experience in a manufacturing related toxicology, industrial hygiene/EHS technical role. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- Ability to think outside of box, innovate, craft with “can-do" determination.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively and work independently with little direction.
- Effective communication skills, ability to adjust to diverse audience needs.
- Chinese language skills preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.