Accessibility Software Automation and Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Accessibility Design and Quality team is seeking a Software Automation and Tools Engineer to expand the automated test coverage of VoiceOver and other world-class assistive technology products. The ideal candidate will be an experienced programmer interested in learning more about accessibility and Apple's development technologies. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services.
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following languages and related development tools: Python, C++, Objective C, or Swift.
- Experience in white-box testing, automation, command line tools, and test-driven development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
- Excited to build software that makes a tangible difference in peoples’ lives
Apple is a leader in providing compelling and innovative accessibility solutions. The successful candidate will write code ensuring reliability for critical aspects of the accessibility frameworks and applications. You'll be finding new and creative solutions to challenging engineering problems, while working with a team of smart, creative, and dedicated individuals. By authoring user interface testing code, you'll be contributing to the quality of Apple's award-winning accessibility features, including VoiceOver, Switch Control, and Zoom. Critical thinking and the ability to innovate are requirements for this position, however no prior experience with accessibility software is required. If you’re ready to do the best, most rewarding work of your life, come join the team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- • Package managers such as NodeJS.
- • Client-side web accessibility.
- • WebKit or other browser engines.
- • XCTest