Employee Communications Writer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Employee Communications team is seeking a creative and exceptional copywriter to support our Global Employee Communications programs. In this role, you’ll be responsible for crafting copy to be read by Apple employees worldwide across multiple platforms and media. You’ll collaborate with the Employee Communications team and key partners throughout the company to produce concepts and communications across a variety of programs. The ideal candidate has experience writing effective communications from related areas. You should be high-energy, proactive, highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complex environment. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely is essential, and a portfolio of creative, impactful writing is a requirement. A distinctive editorial voice is a plus. The work is highly collaborative, and you will have worked extensively with designers, editors, and other creative professionals. Creativity and bold ideas are strongly encouraged. You should also have prior experience working across many disciplines. This is an exciting time to be at Apple and to tell our story to our employees.
- An accomplished writer/editor with 10+ years experience
- Passionate about storytelling, with a deep love of writing in all its forms
- Significant copywriting experience at a premier publication, design or financial firm, corporate communications department, or ad agency
- Flexibility and the ability to focus and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Creative thinking with a talent for championing and gaining support for new ideas and approaches
- Firm grounding in U.S. English style (AP Style, Strunk & White, etc.), usage, grammar, and punctuation.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, especially as it relates to grammar and style.
- Excellent at managing deadlines and working effectively with executives and cross-functional teams under strict deadlines
- Experience with a variety of formats (e.g., video, social media), with the ability to identify emerging trends in communications
- Ability to analyze and communicate program results to leaders
- Passion for the Apple brand and Apple products
- Craft and edit compelling copy for multiple Employee Communications programs, functions and geographies - Advocate for strong and concise copy, with a clear Apple voice across different content types - Ensure consistency of the Apple voice across programs and deliverables - Confidently present ideas and concepts to senior leaders and key partners
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, 10+ years of relevant experience
- Position based in Santa Clara Valley, California