Senior Software Engineer (Services) - Apple Online Store
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Come join a brand new team being built from the ground up in Austin! Help establish the foundation of engineering best practices with other highly motivated and talented people. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Online Store is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial senior software engineer to join the Apple Online Store Engineering team. You will deliver projects aimed at improving the hugely successful Apple Online Store. Apple Online Store is the Apple Inc’s global e-commerce platform present in 39 countries with 25 payment methods and a rich feature set. You must enjoy rolling up the sleeves and collaborating on a multidisciplinary team and be passionate to explore cutting edge technologies.
- 4+ years of proven experience in successfully delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application.
- In-depth experience in object oriented programming like Java and/or C++, services oriented Architecture and Data Structures.
- Experience with Multi-currency transaction processing with global payment gateways will be an added benefit.
- Messaging: Solace, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Design and build of PCI DSS and SOX Compliant Systems
- Encryption and hashing algorithms: AES, SHA, MD5, PGP, TwoFish;
- Caching technologies: Coherence, HazelCast, and Memcache;
- Databases: Cassandra, Mongo, and Oracle
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Excitement and passion to work on amazing products
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced development team
- Experience in architecture or api design
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
As part of the AOS Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Your work will focus on building high throughput, high performance, reliable, checkout & payment platform that support Apple online stores. You will wield the latest SOA frameworks and tools in Java. You will join a world class team and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams around the world to deliver architectural upgrades for our Apple Stores (http://store.apple.com).
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE or equivalent