Mechanical Quality Engineer - Displays
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished mechanical engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product.
- Creative problem solving experience
- Experience in metrology
- Knowledge of measurement equipment and systems (OMM, CMM, etc…)
- Program/project management experience
- Supplier management experience
- Working knowledge of GD&T and engineering drawing interpretation
- Statistical process control methods and theory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Mandarin or Korean language skills are a plus but not required)
- Good command of Excel and JMP
- A strong team player
Mechanical Quality Engineer responsibilities include: Develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection and measurement tools to evaluate component and assembly characteristics Review and perform statistical analysis on engineering data to reflect components and assembly process performance Be the key person to drive/align specs, MTD, and metrology related requirements across different supply chains Review engineering drawing based on GD&T knowledge and metrology background Responsible for measurement/metrology readiness Set up incoming material inspection (IQC) plan to ensure robust incoming quality control at suppliers Establish OQC inspection to ensure out-going parts quality Work with vendor on measurement equipments, gauges, fixtures design and qualifications Work with vendor on MTD study for mechanical measurement Work with vendor on quality monitoring plan - IPQC, SIP, Q-plan etc. Provide creative solutions for engineering challenges or issues related to metrology Present analysis results and reports to Apple management team and cross functional team on a frequent basis International travel to supplier sites, up to 30%.
Education & Experience
BS (MS preferred) in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or equivalent with 7+ years experience in Metrology or Manufacturing. *