Data Engineer/Architect- Mac Product Quality
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Our Product Quality Engineering team is looking for a dynamic, analytics-minded and driven data engineer to join the team. You will partner closely with Engineering, Operations and AppleCare groups throughout the product life cycle to enable success. You will focus on end to end quality reporting, improved data analysis capability and speed for problem solving.
- Working knowledge and theory of Quality Methods, Design of Experiments DOE, Statistical Process Control methods
- Solid technical database knowledge (SQL or variants)
- Expertise is managing, cleaning and pre-processing large data sets (Python, R, JMP, Excel or equivalents)
- Experience in setting up data pipelines through RESTful API's and database links
- Expertise in creating ad hoc and regular visualized reporting (Python, R, Matlab, Tableau or equivalents)
- Experience in statistical and/or machine learning models for developing predictive analytics solutions
- Proven track record of managing and driving projects
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills in English
- Able to develop and present conclusions based on analysis to senior leaders
- Technical knowledge related to consumer electronics and mechanical assembly a plus
- Experience working with internal customers
- Exceptional ability to build relationships
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20%
In this role you will design, test, and implement a highly scalable data solution to support module (IQC), FATP, OQC, and field data to support statistical data analysis efforts. Provide a solution to integrate parametric data for key quality test stations in the factories. Architect solutions for automating data acquisition for OQC and Reliability data for contract manufacturers with the capability to link with other product data sources (IQC, Final Assembly, and customer experience data). Implement automated reporting systems for critical business areas (Cpks, SPCs, and trend charts, and Health Charts). Audit Factory data warehouse solutions for data integrity, scalability, and quality. Interpret analytics outputs to provide suggestions on how to improve quality processes and drive business value. Travel as needed to the contract manufacturing facilities to set up, integrate, resolve and manage data issues.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Analytics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or related field Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.