Software Engineering Manager (Enterprise Business Systems)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. IS&T R&D Software Development is looking for an extraordinary Senior Software Engineering Manager with a deep understanding and genuine passion for developing and managing high quality enterprise software solutions. Our group is responsible for implementing and managing leading edge applications including Product LifeCycle Management (PLM), Software Build & Release Management to manage Product Information for Apple’s Hardware and Software product development and innovation. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, architects and technical project managers, working to make a difference for our customers. In this position, you will lead the technology team and work closely with our business stakeholders and other partners to implement new solutions. You will work with some of the coolest people and technologies, including: OS X, iOS, Oracle, Objective-C, JSON restful web services, and web platform technologies including Spring, Hibernate, JBoss, Apache, and more. This is an exciting role, demanding a solid background in both technology and management.
- 5 plus years of hands on experience in Java and Java Enterprise technology applications architecture, design, development and support.
- Demonstrated expertise in multi-tiered application development.
- Experience with service oriented architecture and REST based services.
- Implementation experience with enterprise solutions such as PLM, ALM, ERP and MDM is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Application and Web Servers.
- 5-8 years experience building, developing and managing highly effective teams.
- Dedication to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to foster partnership.
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Experience leading multiple projects at the same time; Ability to define and execute processes.
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Superb communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking.
Join Apple’s IS&T R&D Software Development team as a Sr. Software Engineering Manager where you will help build innovative enterprise software applications. You should have development and implementation experience of large scale mission critical applications while leading a team of elite engineers. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development management, from design and analysis to development, implementation and maintenance. You must be a proactive and hardworking individual. You will be a contributing member of a team that implements new product features, improves existing product features, while adding performance and software quality metrics to our codebase. You will collaborate with business partners, other engineering teams, quality assurance, management, as well as human interface and user experience designers.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 8-10 years, or MS degree plus 5-7 years experience, or equivalent.