Wireless Software Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Software team is looking for an experienced software project manager to work with our Location Based Intelligence and Location Frameworks engineering teams. Location based intelligence team uses location and motion data to deliver a personalized mobile experience via features such as predicted destinations in maps/calendar, Memories in Photos, Do Not Disturb while driving and finding your parked car. Location frameworks team delivers all location features in iOS/watchOS/macOS/tvOS and provides the foundation for all 3rd party location-aware applications on these platforms. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
- Strong software fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to help shape the next set of groundbreaking features in location technologies
- Experience project managing complex, multi-functional projects.
- Fluent in software engineering processes with considerable software release experience.
- Ability to create and execute plans in ambiguous settings
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Great attention to detail.
- You exhibit a deeply curious mindset about new ideas
- Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Experience with frameworks/APIs, data analysis or location technologies
- Experience developing and releasing consumer products
- Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and effectively - Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process - Understanding of software development and strong interest in user experience is a requirement - Understand new technology as it comes together, and track / facilitate multi-functional tasks and to achieve on-time results with high quality.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.