Design Producer, Product Design (Beats by Dr. Dre)
Culver City, California, United States
At Beats by Dre, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Beats by Dr. Dre is seeking a resourceful Design Producer to be based in our Culver City, California office. The Design Producer will be responsible for tracking and managing program timelines, deliverables, and communication with various cross-functional Culver City and Cupertino based teams. This person will be solutions oriented with great critical thinking skills; comfortable with leading meetings, managing assets, ensuring that programs are moving forward, and identifying risks.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Creative Producer, Program Manager, or Project Manager
- Experience with working with designers (in industrial design, brand design, or marketing design), vendors, as well as cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines
- Ability to manage a high volume of programs and deliverables simultaneously; must be highly organized and efficient
- Comfortable with changes and the ability to navigate through them with a positive attitude and diplomacy.
- Self-motivated to always put the best work forward.
- Open communicator who encourages peers to communicate within a collaborative environment
- Ability to handle confidential projects and materials with discretion
- Flexibility to provide support outside of regular office hours, particularly during launch
- Knowledge of design and project management tools
The Design Producer will be an effective and open communicator with an understanding of programs necessary to drive to solutions. You believe in the structure that process brings, find creative solutions to problems, are a flexible multi-tasker. Your previous experience as a producer, project manager or program manager, will enable you to prioritize elements in a program, escalate issues when necessary and provide timely resolutions. The position will require close alignment with XF teams on project status, risks that need to be considered and the ability to work in a changing environment. You’ll act as the main point of contact into the Design team and will need to provide status updates of current programs. You’ll be responsible for building project schedules based on the known dates of the program and risk factors, obtaining necessary approvals and meeting syncs with teams. You’ll organize and lead weekly design meetings to align teams on programs and managing next steps. You’ll drive programs from a design point of view in order to meet milestones within the overall program schedule. You’ll manage samples for both hardware and packaging, and create an asset management system to track and archive assets. You’ll understand design issues and utilize your ability to plan ahead to reduce risks and assess proper next steps when receiving conflicting feedback or unclear direction from stakeholders. This position will require some local and international travel.
Education & Experience