Metal GPU Driver Engineer (Performance)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The team is now seeking a top-notch and dedicated GPU driver Engineer who is passionate about creating great innovative products, and has a strong track record of building high performance and production quality software on an aggressive schedule.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++.
- User mode or kernel mode device driver development experience.
- Excellent debugging skills (lldb, gdb) and capability to dive into different layers of the driver and macOS stack.
- Experience with 3D Graphics and any GPU programming APIs like Metal, OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan, D3D.
- Experience with driver, low-level programming or operating system development.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and a good team player.
The ideal candidate will have 3 plus years with the following skills and experience or a fresh graduate with interest in graphics. - Work on the driver team to implement performance-focused Metal features for current and next generation macOS platforms. - Work closely with the HW Architecture team to provide feedback on performance of HW roadmap as well as cross-platform architecture comparison across products. - Debug performance issues across the GPU stack, identify and develop performance optimizations within the GPU driver and across the stack. - Work with Metal Ecosystem team to collaborate with external developers on best practices with the Metal API for optimized performance in their apps. - Develop internal tools for performance analysis.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree
- Knowledge of GPU architectures and 3D Graphics pipeline
- Experience analyzing performance of 3D applications
- Knowledge of performance strengths and deficiencies of different HW architectures is a plus.