Siri - Sr Server Engineer, Data organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Join our team and impact millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices! We are seeking a talented server architect to develop high-level architecture design documents to facilitate the integration of in-house development projects and/or vendor based applications within our existing enterprise architecture.
- 5+ years of experience leading development on a production system serving large amounts of traffic with high reliability guarantees.
- Extensive experience synthesizing user/client needs into a technical roadmap, identifying and mitigating technical risks.
- You've established, implemented, and documented several technology integration and migration strategies, including retiring major systems or components.
- You have working knowledge at all stages of the software development lifecycle. You're versed in software engineering methodologies, testing strategies, and popular architecture patterns.
- You have authored rollout and rollback plans. You've done capacity planning.
- You have helped define an SLA or SLO with partners. You've authored portions of a playbook.
- You're passionate about simple, orthogonal architectures.
- Experience scaling relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, replication, sharding, optimizing query plans, caching).
- Experience with source control, and build tools (e.g. Git, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, Bitbucket).
- Experience in Python development (e.g. Flask, SQLAlchemy).
- Experience building applications on a scalable platform (e.g. Docker, kubernetes, nginx).
- Experience with big data or data streaming (e.g. Spark, Scala, Kafka, Reactive Paradigm).
We are a highly accomplished team that builds interactive data gathering and reporting applications to enable human evaluation. We are at the center of the effort to make Siri smarter and more responsive. Help us expand and adapt our services infrastructure and meet our needs to scale performance and integrate with new platforms. You will be responsible for creating and building server solutions, including functionality, connectivity, and security. Develop database schemas and tune queries for performance. Validate server solutions by developing reports to monitor performance. Implement rigorous testing process for unit testing and build processes. Keep up-to-date with the latest development tools and programming techniques. Evaluate Web applications by studying systems flow, data usage, and data requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.