Siri - Senior Data Scientist, Data organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Want to push the envelope on in human-computer interaction at Apple? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Our objective is to globally optimize Siri with data through the means of statistical analysis, experimentation, ML modeling, inventive problem solving, and leadership.
- You are familiar with statistical and/or causal inference, and ML modeling.
- You love working autonomously and owning your domain end-to-end.
- You use good judgment balancing art and science when visually communicating information (e.g. Superset, ggplot, D3).
- You have engineered information out of massive and complex datasets (e.g. Hive, Spark, Druid, Solr, Oozie).
- You are fluent with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, Scala) and are comfortable developing code in a team environment (e.g. git, notebooks, testing).
- You are self-motivated, curious, have a thirst to learn more, and know how to balance execution and R&D.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills and experience in influencing decisions with information.
- Your academic background is in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Physics, or similar quantitative field. Advanced degree preferred.
You will partner closely with Siri engineering teams to develop ways of characterizing the user experience in how Siri executes on requests and connecting those characterizations into Siri's development. Define metrics that we will measure our efforts against as well as defining the instrumentation required for yielding sufficient data. Communicate with and advocate to a wide audience of engineers, managers and executives to inform decisions on how Siri evolves. Build analytic, visualization, and other information products with a drive to automate and scale the insights available to science and engineering teams. Perform exploratory data analyses to enrich our mental models about Siri usage and identify new questions to pursue. Extract information from structured and unstructured data coming from Siri's computational architecture. We are looking for people with a track record in building models, insights, and relationships to affect decisions. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across billions of their interactions with a personal, intelligent assistant who is available on iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Watch, TV, and Mac across more than 30 languages.