Director Analytics and Data Sciences, Apple Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Director of Retail Analytics and Data Sciences is passionate about seeing the vision of Apple Retail realized by providing a rich understanding of customer behavior and the dynamics of our business. Do you love to build analytics practices and data-powered products to solve complicated business problems to deliver on strategies? In this role, you will lead a talented team of experts responsible for partnering with leadership to empower decision-making. The Retail Analytics and Data Science teams support both digital and physical retail strategies. Apple Retail presence continues to grow in digital and physical store presence and across consumer segments.
- Hands-on analytics leader who can develop high performing teams to meet the needs of a dynamic and growing company.
- Extensive experience in consumer analytics, web analytics and optimization, business intelligence and statistics.
- Must have successfully identified key insights and built large-scale data products that enhanced the customer experience, improved operations process and increased revenue.
- Must have provided strategic mentorship on new technologies to innovate and ensure the function is well positioned in the marketplace.
- Must possess demonstrated collaboration, communication and story telling skills with the ability to adapt and connect across a variety of audiences.
Lead the team in the implementation of analytic methodologies including segmentation, predictive modeling, advanced statistical methods, regression and experimental design. Apply analytic and data science techniques to assist in the development and execution of retail initiatives. Guide the implementation of state of the art analytic tools and technology. Act as the focal point for all Apple Retail data and reporting requirements to maximize consistency and effectiveness. Partner with senior leaders across Retail to understand business goals, consult on data strategies and produce repeatable, data driven outcomes Lead the planning and implementation of new self-service reporting and ad hoc analysis capabilities to empower business users. Partner with Apple's IT organization to ensure consistent data availability, data quality and data accessibility.
Education & Experience
Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, quantitative methods or related quantitative field preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.