Product Designer, Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion for producing prototypes to aid in the proof of concept of ideas and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who will collaborate with Senior 3D Artists, Developers, and Designers to create new user experiences that surprise and delight.
- •Experience with industry standard Maya package (Houdini a plus).
- •Experience in 2D software and post-production methods (Photoshop and After Effects).
- •A solid sense of movement and timing as pertaining to animation.
- •Highly creative and detail oriented.
- •VFX experience with Fluids, Cloth, Particles & Dynamics
- •Ability to adapt and problem solve in a variety of 3D Generalist roles (e.g. Animation, Modeling, Texturing, and Compositing).
- •Outstanding portfolio of personal and professional work.
The Maps team is seeking a strong 3D Generalists to help improve how users view and navigate the world. This person will be primarily focused on helping with various products, features and experiences in 3D. Can achieve a high level of photo quality content through expertise of lighting, shading, modeling, texturing, and post production work. Background in hard surface low poly modeling and real time game experience a plus.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree in Graphic Design/Media Arts/or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with animation, VFX, video game industry, sculpting, architecture or polygonal modeling.
- A portfolio of work samples
- Must be a TEAM player with excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation/teaching skills
- Open to creative feedback, and bringing creative solutions to the table
- Highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to prove themselves within a company of talented individuals
- Self-motivated, creative and optimistic problem solver; solid time management