OS Architecture Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The New Product Architecture team within Apple’s CoreOS organization is looking for an exceptional software engineer to build the future of Apple’s platform. Enable the next generation of Apple products by working on state of the art technologies, experimental software architectures, and new product prototypes. Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how every part of a system fits within the whole? This group is committed to building fully-integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a unified Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies. Join us in crafting this holistic user experience that upholds and advances the perfection people expect from Apple.
- A genuine passion for product development
- Proven track record of rapid prototyping and technology exploration
- Experience with operating systems design and kernel development
- Exposure to hardware platforms and processor architecture
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with broad direction
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity
- Extremely creative, with a demonstrated ability to think outside the box
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
Work in a small team of highly skilled engineers on projects ranging from blue sky software technology investigations to software support for hardware prototypes. Communicate project results to VP-level management and land projects on the engineering roadmap. Collaborate with technology teams and cross-functional groups to define project requirements and ensure smooth hand-offs.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience/skills required MS or Ph.D. a plus