Taxonomy Metadata Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. AppleCare Content Services is looking for an expert taxonomist to lead the evolution of AppleCare’s knowledge base taxonomy. You will apply information architecture best practices to build a content structure, metadata and taxonomy, and content reuse plan that meets the needs of both internal and external customers. You will maintain and continue development of existing taxonomies that categorize by product, topic, and information type. You will develop additional taxonomies to support new ways to publish and disseminate support information in site search, browsing, navigation, and more. You will work closely with content strategists to develop a consistent yet flexible taxonomy that supports our customers and meets business goals. You will define and implement the processes to build and maintain AppleCare’s content taxonomy and categorization.
- Experience planning and developing content taxonomies and structured metadata for large content catalogs, and crafting information interactions.
- Experience in planning for content reuse, adaptive content strategy, and content personalization architecture.
- Experience with structured content, including modeling content structures, schemas, and semantics.
- Understanding of tools for building and leading taxonomy and metadata; ability to work with tools engineers to build support for taxonomy and metadata requirements into the content strategy, authoring, and analytics tools.
- Understanding of content technologies such as content management systems, metadata and taxonomy management tools, migration tools, and analytics tools.
- Ability to build productive and reciprocal relationships with writers, content strategists, user experience designers, SEO specialists, and CMS team members to gain input and drive solutions that meet needs of multiple partners.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, consistent with a customer focus and a deep understanding of the content and of business needs.
- Experience with market research, audience targeting, competitive analysis, analytics tools, and usability testing.
- An understanding of support contact center processes and the application of knowledge and communications within them.
- Experience with CMS and CEM concepts processes and tools.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) strategy and planning, including faceted search planning and onsite search experience design.
- Experience with Excel, Numbers, Keynote and FileMaker databases.
- Knowledge of Information Architecture standard methodologies.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of taxonomy and metadata to meet current and future customer and business needs. - Lead conversations with partners to help advance how we use metadata to support front-end customer experiences, including planning for content reuse, adaptive content strategy, and personalization architecture. - Take a leading role in building content models and schemas. - Support the continued development of our content taxonomy to ensure efficient content management and reporting. - Work with technical leads to craft the evolution of taxonomy management tools. - Develop, implement, and maintain guidelines and procedures for consistent and quality tag management and content organization.
Education & Experience
- Minimum BA/BS degree in related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.