Localization Software Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a motivated, technically skilled localization/automation software tools engineer to help us enhance our testing capabilities and deliver Apple products and services to our worldwide markets. The environment is fast paced, requiring a self-motivated individual able to prioritize, collaborate with multiple outside teams to determine the optimal way to automate localization testing, and deliver innovative solutions that integrate with existing processes. We are looking for someone who is flexible and responds quickly and enthusiastically to rapidly changing projects. The right mix of technical, organizational, linguistic, and communication skills is the key to success. A proven ability to manage multiple high profile projects simultaneously with limited supervision is essential.
- Key Qualifications
- Must possess a solid understanding of the localization workflow and the software development life cycle
- Native-level fluency in one or more languages besides English -- verbal and written
- Expertise in QA automation architecture, methodologies, processes, tools
- Experience with C, C++, Java, and Swift for tools development
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML, a plus
- Familiarity with Ruby as well as test frameworks like XCTest or JUnit is a plus
- Comfortable gathering requirements and building test programs that integrate with existing frameworks
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills with a demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal cross-functional communication skills and experience
- A high level of focus and meticulous attention to detail are a must
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and a strong desire to learn and succeed
Our server localization team is responsible for iTunes and iCloud projects management from concept to go-live in up to 40 languages simultaneously. This includes writing and communicating QA plans, triaging and fixing bugs, and ultimately delivering high quality localized products and services on time. As a localization software tools and automation engineer you will help us optimize testing time and validation processes by developing tools and workflows that take advantage of existing test programs, or are tailored to a particular international QA need, while being flexible to accommodate a variety of multi-language projects. You are expected to be technically involved in all aspects of software localization and testing, identify and escalate issues, and communicate status effectively. Suitable candidates are innovative and able to handle challenging situations under tight deadlines, work well with engineering and QA teams across the company, and have a passion for excellence.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.