Maps Framework Software Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Maps do more than just get us from Point A to point B. They let us know where we stand in the world, help define our communities, and highlight what is of cultural importance to us. Apple’s Maps Framework team is looking for a QA Engineer who will work closely with development and test teams across Apple which are leveraging Apple’s mapping technology suite. You will write test plans and test iOS apps to qualify Framework and APIs which support Apple's Maps and MapKit clients on iOS, macOS, and Apple Watch. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a map experience that is the best of its kind.
- Demonstrated success with quality assurance concepts, test plan/test case definition and problem analysis
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to diagnose & debug issues.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies & bring that passion to the organization
- Ability to work & deliver in a fast-paced agile environment
- Work closely with cross-functional teams like development, QA team’s for new feature bring up and validation.
- Document test cases for newly defined features, author test plans, test strategies for iOS devices and review them with cross functional teams.
- Execute and manage test case results, with clear and concise reports; be able to lead result and process related engineering discussions with cross-functional groups.
The Maps Framework Software Quality Engineer is responsible for working closely with the developers to help test Protocols, Frameworks and API’s which communicate with Maps services. You will be producing test documents, executing/analyzing, bug triaging, leading testing procedures, and ensuring the success of new feature development. You will work closely with the development team to ensure the Maps organization ships the highest quality application. The candidate should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill information and delivering clearly documented test plans. The candidate must also be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience will be considered