Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technology Ecosystems team (WTE) and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. If you have a passion for continuous integration systems and building software, love to work with scripting languages, and want to help create software that enhances Apple’s wireless products, then we may have the job for you.
- Solid experience using a Continuous Integration environment: Jenkins, buildbot, etc.
- Automation testing experience.
- Strong experience with scripting languages (Python or equivalent).
- Strong experience in the process of software development or software testing.
- Demonstrated tenacity to drive problems to a solution
- Expertise with root causing difficult issues in a complex system.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
The Telephony Software team is looking for a Senior Release Engineer to join our team and help us build our software and drive improvements in the end-to-end process by creating efficient, robust, scalable infrastructure and tools. This is a highly visible role that will interact with a wide variety of both software development, QA, and Project Management roles. You should be a developer who is driven, who can research, develop and solve issues, and work efficiently with teams of developers and test engineers across the iOS organization. You’ll be involved in all phases of the cellular software stack integration process, acting as a single contact point for all phases of our continuous integration system and how its outputs are tested before they end up on millions of customer devices. You have a passion for building high quality software in an efficient manner, proven experience with Continuous Integration systems, automation and testing, along with hands on development experience. You will be able to track and clearly communicate metrics related to release readiness, identify any gaps, and consistently assess new and innovative ways to improve the quality and performance of our products, as well as evangelize tooling and standard methodologies throughout the engineering and QA teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Scripting experience (Python, etc) required.
- C++, Objective-C expertise highly desired.
- Cellular chipset knowledge is a plus.
- Experience maintaining a CI system also a plus.