iPhone Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the explosive growth of iPhone business we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. We are seeking an individual with strong Test Engineering skills. You will be based in the Cupertino area and will have an active engagement with the hardware and Software Design and Operations teams in Apple.
- 3+ years of technical working experience in high volume manufacturing, preferably in mobile phone.
- Excellent understanding of electronic assembly processes.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Working knowledge of RF testing methods (incl Conducted and OTA test equipment used in high volume manufacturing processes ).
- Excellent interpersonal skill with proficiency in oral/written English.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- Project management and people management will be a bonus.
- Proficient in computer architecture, C and C++ programming, Unix programming would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel to the WW manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Eng teams at key points in the product development cycle.
Test Engineering involvement in the planning and execution of New product introductions to the WW manufacturing sites. You will work closely with the Hardware and Software Design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards expected in a high volume manufacturing environment. Leading the standardization and optimization of the test processes. You will provide technical / product expertise to the regional test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and in resolving any TE / RF related issues through the life of the product. Preparing and presenting concise TE program status updates to the Exec team on a weekly basis. Working closely with your peers in other product areas to ensure we have the most optimal test processes across all products / sites. You will make recommendations to design & test coverage improvement. Conducting detail product failure analysis and drive issue resolutions. Driving to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our Vendors and manufacturing processes *
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering, science or computer science or equivalent..