Sensor Hardware Engineer, Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out exciting new technology for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join a cross- functional team to help drive feasibility of health, wellness, and fitness sensors, systems, and applications.
- Relevant industry experience as a sensor design engineer, hardware engineer, biomedical engineer, or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of sensor physics and design, measurement principles, and instrumentation.
- Data analysis, signal processing, and programming (e.g., MATLAB, Python, C, LabView).
- Previous experience with medical, health, wellness and/or fitness sensor devices, and applications.
- Good understanding of non-invasive sensors used to measure biological signals. Electronic design (analog and digital), PCB design, and fabrication.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware / software.
- General understanding of human physiology.
• Develop sensor designs and prototype hardware for physiological measurement applications. • Help design and execute small pilot studies using prototype hardware • Perform analysis of data collected, root-cause sources of error in measurements, implement improvements in hardware, measurement methods, or signal processing. • Inform development direction related to product design, specification limits, and algorithm performance. • Cross-Functional Responsibilities: • Solicit and incorporate input from cross-functional teams at Apple for hardware, sensors, software, and algorithms • Communicate well-seasoned architectures, designs, and measurement approaches to other teams and Apple executives.
Education & Experience
Degree: Master’s or Ph.D. Field of Study: Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, or other related discipline.
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organized, and be able to multitask.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a key member of a team.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented.