Sr. Sensor Hardware Engineer (System Level) - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out exciting new technology for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join a cross-functional team to help drive feasibility of health, wellness, and fitness sensors, systems, and applications.
- Typically requires atleast 4+ years experience as a sensor design engineer, hardware engineer or biomedical engineer.
- Thorough understanding of sensor physics and design, measurement principles, and instrumentation.
- Data analysis, signal processing, and programming (e.g., MATLAB, Python, C, LabView).
- Previous experience with medical, health, wellness and/or fitness sensor devices, and applications.
- Good understanding of non-invasive sensors used to measure biological signals. Electronic design (analog and digital), PCB design, and fabrication.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware / software.
- General understanding of human physiology.
• Develop sensor designs and prototype hardware for physiological measurement applications. • Help design and execute small pilot studies using prototype hardware • Perform analysis of data collected, root-cause sources of error in measurements, implement improvements in hardware, measurement methods, or signal processing. • Inform development direction related to product design, specification limits, and algorithm performance. • Cross-Functional Responsibilities: • Solicit and incorporate input from cross-functional teams at Apple for hardware, sensors, software, and algorithms • Communicate well-seasoned architectures, designs, and measurement approaches to other teams and Apple executives.
Education & Experience
PhD or MSEE or BSEE Degree
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organized, and be able to multitask.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a key member of a team.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented.