Software Engineering Manager - Mobile Diagnostics Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple has a strong dedication to its customers. When customers need help with their Apple products, we strive to provide the most comprehensive information we can about the health of their devices. The Mobile Diagnostics Engineering team is responsible for the development of diagnostic tools that are deployed to Geniuses and field service technicians globally. Help to shape how technicians and customers provide and receive support, advancing Apple's extraordinary support even further with tools essential for helping customers and directing repair solutions. We are looking for someone to manage the team that develops diagnostic software that gathers data and provides actionable information to technicians and customers. You will be working with your team of engineers to define, develop, and guide validation of mobile diagnostics that are deployed with major iOS releases. The scope of work covers the entire iOS mobile device line up, including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, AirPod, iPod, Beats, and other accessories. We are looking for an engineering manager who enjoys the challenge of crafting high-quality diagnostic apps that benefit everyone who needs support with their Apple devices.
- Ability to build, inspire, and manage a full-time staff of software engineers
- Experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and/or supporting software
- Knowledge in client/server system architectures and APIs Enjoys software design, technical challenges, and problem solving
- You thrive in a cross-functional and diverse team environment that works on innovative, large-scale, and fun projects
- You have a desire to work with and lead projects using Agile software development Passionate for the customer and for shipping quality software to them
You will be managing a team of talented software engineers. Our engineers defines and builds both server and client-side applications across a myriad of technologies. You will lead and integrate software engineers and user experience designers to build solutions that assist service and support staff to remedy customer issues. You will collaborate and work cross-functionally with other engineering teams and services groups to drive projects toward completion. In addition, this position will run development from start to finish to ensure high level strategy and vision are designed, implemented, integrated, and continuously tested. An ideal candidate is eager to learn new technologies, innovate, and able to pursue both technical and managerial challenges.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent