FEA Engineer - iPhone
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Help Apple create a world-class structural modeling and characterization team. As a member of the Product Design Structural Analysis team, you will be responsible for FEA modeling and material characterization for new iPhone, Apple Watch, and related accessory products. You will be fully integrated with the Product Design team from the earliest stages, analyzing and informing the mechanical design of cutting-edge products. You will also work with cross-functional teams within Apple and with outside vendors to characterize the strength of raw materials and components.
- MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, or similar required, MS/PhD Preferred
- Strong knowledge of Solid Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Experience in static and dynamic Finite Element Analysis (preferably in consumer electronic products)
- Experience with FEA software such as Abaqus or ANSYS or similar
- Must have the ability to work in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- Must have outstanding communication skills
- Must have a passion for creating innovative, high quality products
We are looking for a highly motivated product design engineer. You will be part of a cross-functional design team responsible for conceiving, designing and producing exciting new products. You will work closely with many different groups, including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Operations, Packaging, Reliability, Thermal, EMC, and Software. The team is responsible for iPhone and Apple Watch. This role will require travel to our global supply base.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering Experience with design of assemblies for high volume mass production
- * Experience in using good modeling practices including model validation technqiues
- * Experience in testing and failure modeling of different classes of materials
- * Handheld/portable/wearable device experience