Software Engineering Manager in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Applications' test engineering group is looking for an enthusiastic leader, who has a track record of delivering both short term and long term results through collaboration and innovative thinking, and who thrives in a high-paced environment.
- Experiences in iOS, macOS, web, and/or API application development
- Ability to listen to others, facilitate discussions, and drive results
- Ability to work in dynamic environment with shifting priorities and schedules.
- Tech evangelist who can identify technological solutions to both short term and long term goals
- 3+ years of experience cross functionally designing & developing software
- 2+ years of track record successfully leading & mentoring a team of software engineers.
- Proficient in one of more of the following languages: Objective-C, Swift, Java, C, C++
- Proficient in one of more of the following scripting environments: Python, Ruby, Bash.
- Proficient in leading cross functional discussions & collaborations to achieve common goals
- Proficient in Software Testing methodologies
- Proficient in SDLC practices (Agile, Waterfall, SCM, Issue Tracking)
- Proficient in *nix shell environment
- Familiar with DevOps practices (CI, CD, containerization & orchestration, config management, etc)
- Familiar with application development frameworks such as AppKit/UIKit
- Familiar with IDEs such as Xcode, IntelliJ
We are seeking a hands-on engineering manager to lead a group of software engineers focused on delivering the test and automation platform. The platform will continuously exercise tests and report key values and metrics, to support applications such as Apple News and Stocks - software on iPhones, iPads, and Macs and are used by hundreds of millions of people world wide. Responsibilities include... • Designing and delivering test automation solutions that are effective, maintainable and scalable. • Cross functional collaborations w/ other groups, such as QA and Dev teams, by identifying and driving common goals across teams. • Help identify & continue to refine goals for our team members and provide mentorship
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent degree.
- Experience with Swift is a plus
- Experience with data analytics is a plus
- Experience with load testing is a plus
- Experience using automation tools like XCTest is a plus
- DevOps background or skillset is a plus