Siri - Product Manager - Product Strategy
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a member of the Siri EPM team, you will be responsible for shipping new Siri features to hundreds of millions of users around the world. We’re looking for people with a proven track record of shipping complex, customer-facing features under demanding timelines. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility and feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage shifting priorities. You communicate clearly and can make sense of complex technologies. You foster strong relationships and build trust. You aren’t afraid to do what is necessary to get a project done. You work for the success of the entire team.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing at the executive level
- Experience in and passion for speech recognition and natural language processing
- Strong technical background and platform architecture experience. 5+ years Senior Lead/Management-level experience on a large-scale software team that covered as many of the following as possible: quality of a high-volume live service, Apple OS client, server software, Speech/NL model , international products.
- 10+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in product development
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle as it relates to Machine Learned products and services
- Strong relationship management and facilitation skills both within diverse engineering teams and cross-functional organizations; Highly skilled at cross-functional management without authority
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across diverse technologies in a dynamic, hands-on, and creative environment
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Overall, a highly driven, results-oriented, problem solver who will drive programs to deliver value quickly to our organization
* Support the Siri Product Engineering team in developing the strategy for next generation Siri products and architecture, collaborating closely with the various Siri Engineering teams * Work with the Siri Engineering and Architecture teams to drive new strategies for a flexible and robust next generation platform and developer experience * Work with Siri leadership to create a structured process for developing and maintaining a concrete rolling forward Roadmap for the mid and long term vision for Siri. Realign and refactor the Roadmap based on feedback from leadership discussions. Review Roadmap(s) with leadership on a monthly/quarterly cadence. * Build strong trusting relationships across the organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups to get agreement on the strategy. * Create, lead, and manage a strategic cross functional program to implement the strategy ensuring goals and success criteria are clearly understood and outcomes achieved. * Think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization in order to continually improve upon existing processes so that the Siri org is able to deliver effectively on the agreed upon goals.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in EE/CS/CE (or equivalent)
- Strong technical proficiency, with experience in and passion for speech recognition and natural language processing
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and experiencing influencing and driving adoption in your workplace
- Prior programming experience within a workplace or academic environment
- Experience managing large server-based products