Senior DevOps Engineer (Hadoop) - Strategic Data Solutions
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Department: Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) / Location: Sacramento, CA Are you ready to take your DevOPS experience to the next level? Are you excited to do the best work of your professional life and do something amazing at Apple? Do you want to be part of an energetic team critical to the success of Apple? The DevOPS team is looking for a highly skilled engineer that can quickly summarize complex problems, and soar in a dynamic high-energy environment. Your rock solid integrity, teamwork and ability to work independently are valued and encouraged. Having the ability to quantify your decisions, critical thinking and using your gut instinct are all key qualities that make our DevOps team successful and fun.
- Passionate for Big Data technologies with a flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (Spark, Flume, Kafka, HDFS)
- CDH is a bonus
- Mesos, Marathon, Docker, GIT, Jenkins
- Monitoring technologies including but not limited to Grafana, logstash, kibana
- Messaging technologies such as Kafka, Solace and REST
- Desired Storage technologies Elastic Search, Druid, Object Storage
- Linux or IAAS Fundamental network topologies and troubleshooting
- Java / Scala / Shell programming and micro-service architectures
- Provide hardware architectural guidance, planning, estimating cluster capacity and creating roadmaps for Hadoop cluster deployment
- Deep understanding of Hadoop design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Excellent problem solving and programming skills; proven technical leadership and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Ideally, someone who has made active contributions to open source projects like Apache, Hadoop, and/or Cassandra
- Flexible with travel and schedule
- Bilingual is a plus; Mandarin preferred
You will have opportunity to craft the next generation of Big Data solutions by working on state of the art technologies and solutions for the SDS team. You’ll work side by side with extraordinary people that run, optimize and scale our environment and help take it to new generation. The team is responsible for the data collection, operation and reporting of the systems for all of Apple’s products around the world. Apple’s engineering and operations teams will utilize the DevOPS ecosystem and processes you help build for the production of the next insanely great product. In this role, you will lead very large-scale, highly-available Big Data infrastructure supporting multi-Petabytes of data with massive growth. You’ll be planning, operating, troubleshooting and scaling infrastructure, clusters and applications supporting all our products. As a member of a cross-functional team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging Big Data engineering problems across a broad range of Apple Supply Chain services. This opportunity will allow you to lead with hands-on innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technologies for the platform at very large scale range within Apple.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.