Senior Software Engineer (Java) - Strategic Data Solutions
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to join a team that is critical to the success of Apple? Become a part of the responsibility for the data collection and reporting for all of Apple’s hardware products around the world. Our Strategic Data Solutions team builds systems that interact with every iPhone, iPad and Mac. We shape the next generation of customer data solutions by working on cutting-edge technologies and collaborating with talented teams across Apple. Our systems enable Apple engineering and operations teams to build the next ground breaking product. You'll be joining our diverse and talented team to summarize, simplify, and solve complex problems in our global ecosystem. We advance technology by relying on each other's strengths and skills to build something bigger than ourselves. For this reason, team culture is central to our values. We value social skills and integrity as much as technical craft. We are looking for extraordinary engineers to help take our environment to the next level. Do you excel in a high-demand setting and exceed expectations, in an environment that requires time-management? The right person will prioritize tasks and complete assignments ahead of schedule. While being a great standout colleague, you will also work independently.
- 5+ years of work experience in Java
- Passionate about Computer Science, and Software Engineering
- Flexibility with a creative approach to problem solving
- In-depth software development experience with Java/Scala and Spring framework
- Hands-on experience with design and development in the Big Data and NoSQL technologies (such as Hadoop, HDFS, MR Programming Paradigm, HBase, Hive or Elastic Search)
- Experience in developing batch and streaming Spark applications is desired
- Confirmed understanding of design and development of large scale, high throughput and low latency applications is a plus
- Knowledge and work experience with Kafka and Druid is a plus
- Understanding and experience with Micro Services is desired
- Excellent problem solving and programming skills
- Proven technical leadership and communication skills
- Experience in handling architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Strong aptitude and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Plus: Active contributions to open source projects such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
As a member of a multi-functional team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging software engineering problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services. You'll provide support for both analytics and operational platforms. Responsibilities - Develop applications to answer complex analytical and real-time operational questions - Help to design, architect and build the data platform while using a variety of Big Data technologies - Innovate by exploring, recommending, benchmarking, and implementing data centric platform technologies - Provide hardware architectural guidance, estimate cluster capacity, and create roadmaps for Hadoop cluster deployment - You will also be working closely with DevOps and other teams in SDS.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science preferred; equivalent work experience considered