Apple Music Technical Product Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We’re looking for a product manager to join the new Strategic Development and Industry Relations team within Apple Music, with special focus on music publishing. Apple has a long history of innovation and excellence in the area of music publishing, however it is an area which is increasingly complex. We are looking for someone who can help us stay ahead; someone who has and can form good industry relations; who can help identify opportunities for new operating models, processes and technologies to improve the overall flow of information and monies between Apple and rights holders; help identify opportunities to improve Apple’s products and services; and help implement winning solutions. In this role you can expect to work with peers from a diverse set of product and engineering teams, and combine your passion for music with an equal passion for building great technology-based business solutions.
- You will have experience working in strategic product development - envisioning projects and seeing them through to completion - and ideally experience working in music, music publishing or other media business. Additionally, you may have experience and will be able to demonstrate expertise in project management, in particular engineering project management, data analysis, and/or UI development.
- You will be quick at noticing, understanding or judging things accurately.
- You will have outstanding practical problems solving skills.
- You will be able to show great initiative and creativity.
- You remain determined and energetic in trying to achieve something.
-Drive the vision, strategy, and overall success for key tools and products in the music publishing space delivering to internal and external partners. -Conceptualize a compelling product roadmap and deliver clear requirements and specifications. -Collaborate with peers from product, commercial, legal, government affairs, analytics, engineering, and operations to solve complex and challenging problems. -Design and maintain innovative and scalable systems to turn large amounts of data into clear, accurate, and easy-to-use reports. -Work closely with a development team to implement new features and enhancements to these systems, turning your designs into code that lasts. -Meet directly with our partners to identify ways to improve our reporting and anticipate needs by understanding industry trends.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and ideally MBA Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.