Electrical Engineer - System Prototyping
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will work in the Next Gen Computing group with a variety of disciplines and product groups creating future product concepts related to the Mac and iPad product lines.
- Ability to balance speed with thoroughness to create high quality, low volume designs.
- Ability to evolve demonstration prototypes into stable platforms for extended testing and evaluation.
- Practical experience designing interface circuits, modifying existing designs and managing complex packaging challenges.
- Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills.
- Detailed knowledge and familiarity with embedded systems firmware, interconnect bus standards and methods of data transfer.
- Detailed knowledge and familiarity with a wide variety of sensor interfacing and prototyping methods.
- Detail oriented and a demonstrated passion for doing excellent work in the presence of ambiguous requirements.
- Experience with design and product definition processes is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with management, team members and external suppliers.
- 5+ years of hands-on design experience with design of electro mechanical devices.
Design and fabrication of electronic hardware for new product concepts, including design of PCB’s, flexes, wiring harnesses with complex packaging. Support concept transfer to Apple’s world class product development and software engineering groups. Manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting to program needs as required. Assimilate feedback from multiple stakeholders including executives, product engineering, design and marketing to evolve and improve concepts.
Education & Experience
BS and MS in electrical or computer engineering, or technically equivalent experience is required.