Software Engineer - System Prototyping
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will work in the Next Gen Computing group with a variety of disciplines and product groups creating software to enable future product concepts related to the Mac and iPad product lines
- Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent skills with Mac OS X, iOS, X Code
- Ability to evolve demonstration prototypes into stable platforms for extended testing and evaluation
- Facility with cross platform communications protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, USB, WiFi, Bluetooth, UART’s
- Facility with hardware interconnect methods between multiple computing systems
- Familiarity with embedded microcontrollers (e.g. PIC, arduino)
- Sensitivity and facility with UI design to improve and enhance user experience
- Independent, self-starter, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a variety disciplines including technologists, software, hardware and product development engineers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for doing the best possible work.
Design and implementation of software and firmware that enable new functionality and product concepts. Support concept transfer to Apple’s world class product development and software engineering groups. Manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting to program needs as required. Assimilate feedback from multiple stakeholders including executives, product engineering, design and marketing to evolve and improve concepts.
Education & Experience
BS and MS in engineering, computer science or technically equivalent experience field is required.