Product Marketing Manager, Personalization - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’ve all found apps we love and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. The App Store launched with 500 apps in 2008. Now there are more than two million. And so our team challenged ourselves: How can we make the App Store a place our hundreds of millions of customers will want to visit every single day? We are seeking a talented and experienced Product Marketing Manager to define and drive the vision for delivering tailored and relevant App Store experiences to hundreds of millions of customers while maintaining our dedication to privacy. You will be responsible for personalized discovery and recommendation features for the App Store worldwide. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional partners in engineering, product design, analytics and data science, and the business to continue building the vision for these features. Core responsibilities include defining success criteria and scope, launching new features, and optimizing them over time. You will identify innovative solutions to challenges that arise throughout the product lifecycle while keeping customer privacy at the center of our approach.
- 5-7 years of experience in personalization, machine learning, or recommendation system product development in a product management role; experience with mobile commerce or media a plus
- Strong analytical skills and experience designing and executing on A/B tests; ability to measure the right things to drive improved customer experiences
- Ability to operate seamlessly between highly detailed and technical situations as well as strategic business situations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; thrives in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus, handles high stakes decisions with ease, and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills; ability to become fluent in technical concepts and explain to non-technical stakeholders
- Very strong storytelling and Keynote presentation skills
- Data science research or human computer interaction experience is a plus
- You will define and develop consensus on product vision, strategy, and ongoing optimization for the App Store’s personalization and recommendation features across cross-functional teams globally. - Advance the faithful implementation of the product vision and strategy, from managing the feature definition process, to crafting how it’s unveiled to customers and developers. - Partner with engineering, product design, analytics, and business teams through the complete product development cycle. - Advocate for the prioritization of impactful features on the engineering roadmap and key resource commitments among cross-functional teams. - Interact with company executives to build product vision for new features, report on improvements to the customer experience over time, and provide domain expertise. - Have expert knowledge of the field, including competitive and 3rd party products and competitor strategy and privacy-focused product approaches. - Develop a corporate development strategy and suggests M&A activity as needed.
Education & Experience
BS degree, MS/MBA a plus