Audio Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Location: Santa Clara Valley, California, United States Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Job Summary With the dramatic growth of Apple’s business we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. You will be the subject matter expert within the operations team supporting all product lines and active engagement with the Hardware Design, Software Design and Operations teams in Apple.
- 5+ years of technical working experience in high volume manufacturing of consumer electronics
- Significant experience in testing methodologies of typical computer/mobile device subsystems and finished good testing.
- Experience performing electroacoustic measurements using tools such as Soundcheck, Audio Precision or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis
- Knowledge of end to end consumer electronics audio signal chains
- Knowledge of acoustic transducers and signal processing fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience with Python, C/C++
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in oral/written English. Mandarin language skills are a plus.
- Shown ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle
You will work closely with the Hardware and Software design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards expected in a high volume manufacturing environment Lead the standardization and optimization of the test processes Comprehensively understand and demonstrate the Return on Investment analysis for test engineering investments Provide technical / product expertise to the regional test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and in resolving any Test Engineering related issues through the life of the product Work closely with your peers in the other product areas to ensure we have the most optimal test processes across all products / sites You will conduct detailed product failure analysis and drive issue resolutions Drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our Vendors and manufacturing processes
Education & Experience
BS in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering or related field, MS preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.