Data Scientist - Strategist - Apple Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction should fuel your creativity? The Apple Retail Data Sciences team provides insights through data analytics and predictive modeling. We are looking for a strong Data Scientist to partner closely with our Retail Estate Strategy team. You are excellent at integrating data sources, building applied regression models, deriving valuable insights and communicating substantial findings and insights.
- 5+ years of revenue forecasting experience needed, preferably within a retailing domain
- Excellent statistical skills in applied regression, spatial and time series modeling
- Deep understanding of design of experiments principles
- Proven working knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SAS and R
- Experience with scripting and automation of data extraction, transformation and modeling outputs
- Experience with data visualization, such as Tableau
- 2 or more years relevant experienced in GIS preferred
To be successful in this position, you should: - Be a self-starter, motivated, accountable, and a highly upbeat teammate - Excellent communication skill with the ability to distill complex methodologies and findings into simple and actionable insights - Can craft modeling frameworks to assess and estimate impact of new store openings and channel cannibalization on revenue and customer experience
Education & Experience
Master’s Degree in Statistics, GIS, Applied Economics, or related disciplines with 5 or more of related work experience. Bachelor’s Degree considered with at least 7+ years of meaningful work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.