Data Scientist - Motion
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Motion Technologies team and drive innovation that matters! Our ever-evolving suite of fitness and activity tracking features in iPhone and Watch are helping our users live more active, healthier lives. We are looking for a highly motivated motion scientist to create cutting edge algorithms that power best in class fitness solutions in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You have a background in engineering mechanics, inertial sensing and signal processing
- You have working knowledge of system identification, statistical inference and modeling
- You have working knowledge of MATLAB
- You are enthusiastic about fitness and health tracking technology
Key responsibilities include: Designing and validating algorithms using multiple sensors, framing and driving user studies, working with a team to implement algorithms in customer-facing software.
Education & Experience
Ph.D Mechanical Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Computer Science or related field with relevant domain knowledge. Coursework in dynamics, signal processing, machine learning, controls, statistics, programming.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical communication and interpersonal skills.
- C++ programming experience a plus.
- Knowledge of embedded systems, computer architecture a plus.