Software Development Engineer, iPhone Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Product Service Engineering Team (PSE) is a part of iPhone Operations Test Engineering team and is responsible for assuring future Apple products can be repaired in a way that will continue to delight our customers.
- 7 + years of experience in programming in C, C++, or Objective C
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, shell scripts etc
- Excellent debugging skills: ability to quickly recognize patterns in failures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and visionary spirit
- Competent in using a variety of productivity tools and programming languages
- Up to 25% international travel
The PSE SW Team is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in Software Development. In this position, your primary responsibility will be collaborating closely with other Apple SW Development teams and various hardware and testing teams to design and develop innovative products and software solutions. The PSE Software Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and improving existing software. Responsibilities will include: Working alongside developers to define requirements and architecture Develop scalable software and present in Design reviews Develop unit test plans and work closely with QA team to help develop integration plans and help debug production issues Should be well versed with SVN and bug tracking systems with the ability to use them in day to day development processes Provide constructive feedback for testability and suitable solutions relying on data to justify technical decisions.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, MS preferred