Carrier, Business Development Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
We seek perfection. We are idealists and inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards bright, original thinking and tenacity. And none of us here would have it any other way. As a Carrier Business Development Lead, your responsibility includes developing and growing Apple’s overall commercial relationship with a US-based cellular network operators that resell Apple products and services to end customers. Our comprehensive goal is to improve end customer experiences and satisfaction while achieving our targets. We strive to deliver the best of what Apple offers through our retail partners. You thrive in ambiguous environments and are able to collaborate with other teams and partners, while possessing a real passion for technology, innovation, and success. You have a deep knowledge of the carrier business with the confirmed ability to maintain senior executive relationships, lead complex negotiations, navigate tier one carrier organizational structures; understand distribution strategies; and identify and seize opportunities to deliver outcomes and results. This role will be responsible for driving deal development to support negotiations with carrier partners on new business, programs, and structural agreements. You will build and leverage relationships, facilitate interactions, and have responsibility across Apple product lines. You are detail orientated and self-structured in your approach, with the ability to be a phenomenal partner at all levels. You have proven presentation and partner management skills, and thrive in a rapid paced environment and a culture that relies on teamwork.
- 10+ years experience in wireless carrier sales or a related function with experience calling on carriers at the HQ level.
- Confirmed strengths in relationship management, teaming across functions, deal making & negotiations
- Ability to quickly develop, iterate, and navigate through large scale contracts and agreements in partnership with legal teams
- Strategic agility: demonstrated capability to identify and drive new opportunities
- Track record of success and upward mobility within organizations
- Strong self-starter who is able to work independently to develop new areas with ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity and make things happen
Lead pipeline development, prospecting, deal execution, implementation, and continued management. Seek opportunities by analyzing market dynamics, business requirements, and return on investment. Navigate complex organizations and quickly establish relationships and rapport. Understand partner challenges, and perspectives. Build credibility and strong business insight. Work closely across Apple functions to evaluate new business models and to spearhead financial assessments. Articulate and quantify commercial impact of proposed program and associated actions. Identify business opportunities. Guide initiatives to grow the account and the carrier’s dedication to Apple products over time. Lead compliance to key commercial obligations, identify gaps/opportunities to drive increased performance YoY.
Education & Experience
College Degree: BA/BS Undergraduate Required and MBA Preferred
- Define and assess new business ventures and programs.
- Work cross functionally to develop deal structures, define success factors, and negotiation parameters/strategy.
- Build, run, and utilize valued interactions and relationships with executive decision-makers, and work across the customer organization to get the right things done.
- Negotiate commercial terms and draft agreements.
- Operate at scale and speed with high quality deliverables.
- Proven strength in applying knowledge of carrier market dynamics, consumer offer structures, and business agreements.
- Problem solver by nature with ability to identify winning solution while driving overall objectives and initiatives of Apple