Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Enterprise Technology Services group is looking for a highly motivated, result-oriented Engineer with a strong background in Quality Assurance to join its team of highly skilled software engineers. You will be responsible for leading quality engineering of server side & customer facing distributed platforms and applications in a fast paced dynamic environment. Your job is to keep our high-quality bar set ridiculously high, and to help us identify and execute ways to raise it even higher. The QA Engineer in this role will play a key function in delivering highly critical Identity Management/Authentication features to internal and external customers on OS X, iOS, and Web in addition to supporting the development of internal test automation & test.
- 4 or more years of professional work experience in software QA or engineering
- Experience automating functional & integration testing of Web, iOS, OS X, and backend services & applications
- Experience testing in Java, SQL, Unix, Scala, NoSQL, and Web Services (Rest & SOAP) environments
- Experience in QA for highly scalable, distributed and high performance platforms
- Excellent knowledge of QA automation architecture, methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI), Behavior Driven Frameworks (BDD), DevOps and setting up QA environments
- Familiarity with Machine learning and its common practical applications
- Experience with Apple hardware and software
- Validated ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Ability to work in an energizing environment with frequent context switching
- Self-motivated, independent, and dedicated
- Extraordinary collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Provide functional and integration quality-assurance testing for features delivered on Web, iOS, OS X, and other operating systems Build QA Automation tools and platforms with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles Build Functional-testing tools and improve existing automation platforms Work closely with multi-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases, and deliver high quality products Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering Supply to initiatives to improve the overall QA process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements Self-motivated and able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete requirements Provide project managers with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proven social skills and able to work with various multi-functional teams to deliver high quality products.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent
- Experience in setting up Code coverage, Static analysis, Sonar, and QA metrics dashboard.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process and related tools
- Experience writing various custom tools for QA automation