Sr. Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Product Marketing Customer Analytics team is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist with strong experience building capabilities around predictive analytics.
- Experience building repeatable processes around modeling techniques
- Significant experience applying one or more of the following analytical methods: regression (preferably mixed models and logistic regression), data classification and reduction (e.g. cluster, factor, principle components, decision trees), Bayesian inference or other advanced machine learning techniques.
- Fluency in SAS, R, Spark or Python, with experience writing scripts that are part of a production-type analytic solution
- Solid technical database knowledge (Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata, data modeling) and experience optimizing SQL queries on large data
- 1-2 years of experience working with Tableau
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to develop and present conclusions and recommendation to senior executives
- * Excellent project management and consultative skills
- Able to work effectively on sometimes ambiguous data and constructs within an fast changing environment, tight deadlines and priority changes
Support Product Marketing customer analytics team with analytic data models and engineered data analysis solutions Build modeling platforms for marketing mix, product sales forecasting, customer propensity and lifetime value, including user interface and workflow management around modeling processes Design and develop highly polished and functional Tableau dashboards to support analytic constructs Conduct regular and ad-hoc analyses, data mining and predictive analytics to provide leadership with actionable insights at tactical and strategic levels related to customer and marketing analytics. Work cross-functionally with iTunes, iCloud, Sales, Retail, Apple Online Store, AppleCare and CRM analytics teams on the development of customer analytics use cases and collaborative modeling capability development Manage business analytic projects through all phases, including data quality, data modeling, algorithm/KPI development, statistical analysis, data visualization and presentation of results and deliverables. Manage workflows, requirements and projects in collaboration with IT
Education & Experience
Graduate degree required in Business (with quantitative emphasis), Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Analytics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or related field.