iOS Software Engineer - Pencil & Paper
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about the freeform input experience and possibilities enabled by the iPad and Apple Pencil? We are looking for a creative and talented software engineer to help design and develop the next generation of handwriting and drawing software. Our team supports several high-visibility features spanning the iOS Notes drawing experience, Screenshots, Markup, and beyond. Join the Pencil & Paper team to prototype and develop user-facing features and frameworks that will reinvent and revolutionize the Pencil-based computer experience.
- Experience designing an iOS application or framework of significant scope
- Experience with Objective-C, C, and C++ programming
- Knowledge of the graphics stack, including Core Graphics, Core Animation, and Metal
- Exposure to modern software development best practices, spanning: source control, unit testing, and debugging
- Familiarity with software optimization and performance measurement tools
- Ability to effectively contribute to several concurrent projects
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Collaborate with a world-class design team and talented engineers to innovate and deliver high-impact features that fuse best-in-class user interfaces with state-of-the-art machine learning technologies. You will be responsible for a mixture of software design exploration, implementation, and maintenance of cross-platform frameworks and applications. You need to develop production-quality software while working through fast-paced iterative development cycles. You will partner with many teams at Apple to deliver best-in-class features. We are seeking an individual that possess a passion for user interface development and has a proven track record of developing highly visual and responsive applications or frameworks.
Education & Experience
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field.