NPI System Readiness Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking Senior Project Manager/Leader to be responsible for the overall development and execution of the business support process/crisis management, mainly focused on SAP, Planning and GBI modules and related boundary systems. This includes working with IS&T applications, infrastructure, business and project teams to define processes and procedures to monitor systems, rapidly respond to incoming incident tickets and provides status updates to management, inform the business so they are informed of any business impacts, and working to support Systems Readiness for NPI’s and Peak Events. You will work closely with the IS&T support teams to produce post ops/closed the loop process with metrics to all stakeholders on trend analysis and preventive actions. The metrics will cover current and possible future support issues to be handled by follow a follow-the-sun support team. You will also report critical issues to management effectively, timely and with clarity.
- You should have previous experience in production support with monitoring and dedicated support system/application capacity planning and analysis, support the business continuity strategy, attention to detail, and a shown ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Conceptual understanding of multi-tiered and web-based information systems architecture.
- 7-9 years experience in a production application support role troubleshooting, analyzing and providing root cause analysis.
- 8+ years of overall experience in working with SAP in large cross functional organizations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our business partners on the status of production issues and resolution strategy.
- Should be flexible and willing to work weekends, some holidays and rotating on-call schedule.
- Deep understanding of Infrastructural technologies relevant for the business support of application development (e.g. databases, server, etc).
- Knowledge of application and enterprise architecture.
- Experience in handling vendor partners and third parties.
- Ability to build a collaborative, adaptive and matrixed team to provide process improvements and process documentations. Will require very tight integration with regional production support leads and/or WW.
- Extraordinary troubleshooting, communication, and documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills required to serve diverse customer base and deal effectively with escalating issues.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Development methodologies.
- Some traveling is required
- Partner with Business, IS&T, BPR and other support teams to watch and facilitate the scheduling, incident triage and timely resolution of production P0/P1 issues, including sending out Global Alert. - Be responsible for the NPI/Peak Events End to End Scale testing across our internal and external partners - Invoke crisis management process and follow up on issues to ensure that root-cause and corrective action is provided. - Perform problem coordination for major problems and issues. Act as communications hub. - Work with IS&T to provide the required management information on a regular basis indicating performance against agreed KPIs and SLA's to feed into the regular, weekly, monthly, quarterly review. - Ensure a smooth handover and implementation of new functionality, develop strong working relationships with other application support teams and participate in end-to-end Operations review and data flows across different business areas. - Ensure early engagement in the application project lifecycle process and collaborate with the project team in defining business support models consistent with defined overall production/application support strategy and approach. - Provides effective change leadership in driving continuous improvements and innovation in the business focus production support area in the BPR Operations group. - Provide single point of contact for high priority incidents, ensuring these are communicated to senior management, business and support teams via correct process, within the time required. - Find opportunities for improvement to support process, using monthly ticketing reporting. - Recommend tools and/or processes to streamline Incident and Crisis Management processes. - Act as the main point of contact for business production support for Incident Management, Escalation, mitigation, and lead/manage/mentor the regional Business Support and Systems Readiness team members. - Lead downtime communications and business impacts (i.e. infrastructure upgrade, Disaster Recovery activities, application/systems downtime, etc). - Lead the Systems Enhancement Requests (ER) process and prioritization.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, MS or MBA is desired.
- •Seek out automation opportunities and implement automated solutions around all routine/repeatable tasks.
- •Using an IT service management or CRM system for tracking technical support cases.
- •Using a knowledge-based articles and complete documentation on processes being monitored and managed.
- •Ability to work with incident tracking tool and system health monitoring